Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Supper: Curried Pumpkin Quinoa Soup





If you haven't seen this film, you need to get your butt to a theater fast. The Artist is a silent film set in the roaring twenties which I appropriately saw at The Drexel. I was instantly enthralled with the glamour of the era; I left wishing that I could sport rouge, fringe, and a finger roll-wavy coif and tap dance my way everywhere. I also fell in love with the significantly older French star.

Aside from seeing this, this weekend's activities included but were not limited to 
  • running a 17-miler with 45 mph gusting winds on Saturday morning
  • destroying an orange vodka-spiked lime slushie and some tatertachos dirty and vegan-style at Dirty Frank's
  • making raw protein Tagalongs and curried pumpkin quinoa soup. Yes, Tagalongs as in Girl Scout cookies. Stay tuned for the deets.
Isn't it dreamy? Quinoa is my new food crush, and we all know that pumpkin will forever be a dream boat, long after winter dies and it's out of season. And those dried cherries on the top are pretty. I love soups because they're nearly impossible to f*!$ up. You throw stuff in a pot. Taste as you go; if you use the right ingredients, it's impossible to end up with something that tastes bad. If you want a slightly different flavor, tweak the spices. Measuring cups and spoons should be outlawed; soup recipes should merely be taken as bend-able guidelines. I'll share my malleable instructions tomorrow; I'm tap dancing my way to bed.








No comments:

Post a Comment