Friday, February 24, 2012

PB & J cookie dough pancakes

At last! A Friday without work or a gazillion appointments! So what did I do? I made pancakes. A great, late breakfast after sweating my face off at the gym.


PB Pancakes
1/2 cup beans
1/4 cup + 2 T PB
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1 T baking powder
1 flax egg
1 t coconut sugar
1 t chia seeds
1 T buckwheat flour

Pulse or blend together peanut butter, beans, and milk in food processor until smooth. Add in everything else and pulse/blend. Drop by the tablespoon onto a griddle or pan with 1/2 T oil (recommend coconut oil) on medium heat.
Silver dollar sized PB pancakes on the pan

You can omit the buckwheat flour, but the pancakes will be lighter and crispier. I think they are pretty.
Pancakes without flour, They look like lace cookies!
I also recommend adding another 1/2 T oil between batches so your pancakes don't burn. Burnt pancakes remind me of my Italian grandfather commanding, "Mangia, mangia!" as I stared at a plate of black pancakes. Perhaps this is why Grandma Terelle did most of the cooking.

"Jelly" Topping
1/2 cup strawberries
1 t coconut sugar
1 t coconut butter

In a saucepan, combine all topping ingredients in a sauce pan and reduce over medium heat until thickened. I added a probiotic capsule after I turned off the heat. Just cracked it open and sprinkled it in. Because I love my probiotics.


Early in the reduction. Mmmm strawberry "jelly."
These were so delicious. I took a few too many pictures and started thinking of more varieties before I'd even found my fork.

Peanut butter and jelly. In pancake form!

No comments:

Post a Comment