Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Pick-Me-Up: Microwave Cake for One!

Today was a remarkably good Monday. I noticed that when my days are slamma-jamma busy, it puts me in a good mood. Weird. But the big reason it was a good Monday was that I was able to run 12 glorious minutes at the Monday Night Run!!

I've been in a melted chocolate and peanut butter on fruit kick the past three days, trying to finish up some left over fondue. Today was day one without fondue. I needed something to fill my chocolate peanut butter void.



Enter: chocolate peanut butter cake for one. Vegan and gluten free.

Ingredients:
1 T coconut oil
1 T pumpkin
2 T garbanzo bean flour
1 T rice milk (or other non-dairy milk)
2 T date sugar. Or you could use 2 T any sugar, to taste.
2 tsp agave
1.5 tsp cocoa powder
Crunchies as desired- I used about 1/2 T "Enjoy Life" chocolate chips
1 T peanut butter

Here is how it went down.
1. Melt coconut oil in a bowl in the microwave. 3 x 15 seconds ought to do the trick.
2. Swirl oil around to coat bowl
3. Add all ingredients except peanut butter and mix
4. Add dollop of peanut butter in the middle
5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula and cover peanut butter with batter
6. Microwave 2 x 30 seconds
7. Eat out of the bowl or invert onto plate and eat



In college, my bestie Jen-Jen and I would add a splash of milk/non-dairy milk to all our baked goods. Probably to make up for the lack of fat. So, I added a splash of rice milk to the top, which is why this photo looks glittery. And festive on a Valentine's Day plate! Also left over from the fondue/party.

Even better: a brownie recipe for an allergy-free crowd...coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment