Monday, April 2, 2012

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Milkshake

Ugh Monday morning! Why do I sleep until 8 AM on Sunday and then expect that 5 AM will feel just as springy on Monday. This week, I couldn't do it. I couldn't drag myself out of bed at 5 AM to then further torture myself on an elliptical or bike. I felt guilty by the time my last chance alarm went off at 6:40. You know the feeling.

All was made right with this smoothie. The smoothie tastes like a milkshake. Probably because it tasted like I should feel guilty eating it for breakfast. But as the ingredients indicate, there is no need to feel guilty. So I was twice cleansed of my guilt. And  quite proud for throwing this together on a groggy Monday morning and using leftover ingredients from yesterdays baking extravang-zah.

2 c coconut milk (left-over from thinking I was special and could whip "light" coconut milk. Don't do it. It doesn't work. You need the heavy stuff.)
5 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 c frozen fruit (I used bananas and raspberries)
1 scoop chocolate green or protein powder
1 T melted coconut oil mixed with 1 t chocolate powder (left over from yo Frisco)

All you have to do is mix it all in a blender. Or in a cup with an immersion blender. The melted oil/chocolate combo turns into tiny chocolate chunks when it combines with the cold fruit. It is amazing! Try it! You will be amazed!


Extra swirl of coconut milk on top. Don't mind if I do.
And no. I did not drink half the smoothie and then decide to take a picture. I put half of it in a mason jar for tomorrow, as per my own recommendation, thankyouverymuch.

Now, I do feel a bit of remorse that these pictures are pretty awful. I'll blame it on the Monday AM grog. You get the idea. No go try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment